Sunday, August 31, 2008

African Sabbath

With the strength of God in us, we can change Lake Bosomtwe.
from Reverend Jernigan’s sermon

Today we stepped back from work to join a group worship service of several villages, lead by local ministers and Reverend Jernigan. The praise was from the whole person: mind, body, voice and spirit. We’re on lunch break now, and this afternoon we’re conducting Kid’s Camp, a field day of games, crafts, singing, and dancing. Like yesterday, this post will be short, since I’ve got to get ready for the PM activities, but I do want to add a personal note, then more later. I had a couple of children in my lap, and as I put my arm around one, I felt a protrusion a little smaller than a tennis ball on her stomach. There’s so much to be done here. Thanks for all your support.

2 comments:

Christy said...

daddy, you're the best blogger ever!! i hope the kids camp went wonderfully, i've been praying about it a lot!! big hugs and kisses from me, Reed, and the dog (she seriously misses you!). remember that your team is covered in love and prayers!

Rollin said...

Christy,got the message & I'll pass it on the Mommy - she's very busy in the pharmacy & it's hard to get her to take a break & come blog with you. thanks so much for the support. I love you, Dad.